You are a transfer applicant if you have attended any institution (including college, university, preparatory, or vocational-technical program) since you graduated from high school (secondary school). If you are applying with fewer than 24 transferable credit hours (usually one full year) of post secondary study, your application will be evaluated on a combination of your high school and college grades. You are required to submit both high school and college records for admission.
If you are undecided on a major, you should apply to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS). As a student in CLAS, you will take general education courses, which will apply toward most degrees. When you decide upon a major, you can apply to another KU academic division or professional school.
You can also apply for admission to the School of the Arts; the School of Architecture, Design, and Planning; the School of Business; the School of Engineering; the School of Journalism and Mass Communication; and the School of Music. If you wish to major in these areas but do not meet the admission requirements, you can be admitted to CLAS to take the prerequisite coursework.
2. Pay the $85 application fee. Applicants must pay by credit card online.
3. Have official transcripts sent to KU IRUA from each college or university attended after high school. We must receive your official transcripts in the school's sealed envelope or via a bonafide, established transcript service (such as Naviance, Docufide, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).
4. If you have fewer than 24 hours of transferable post-secondary credit (usually one full year of study), you must present an official diploma or graduation certificate, official examination results, or other proof of graduation particular to your country (see Freshman Requirements).
5. Contact Educational Testing Service to have your TOEFL scores sent to KU. Alternately, you can contact IELTS to have your IELTS-Academic scores sent.
6. Send proof of adequate financial resources for one year. Note: This item is not required for admission, but it is required for the Office of International Student Services to issue your immigration document. Submitting proof of finances when you apply will make the visa application process quicker and easier.
7. Send a copy of the biographical information page of your passport, if available. If you are in the United States in any status other than F-1 or J-1, please also provide proof of your status.
8. If someone is helping you with your application, complete the Third Party Release page of the application form. This document is required if an educational agent is handling your application.
You should apply by the application deadline for the program and term you wish to enter. Some KU schools or departments have additional admission criteria and require additional application materials.
Please complete all forms in English. Your application materials will become the property of KU and will not be returned or forwarded.
You can check the status of your application by logging into your application account with the username and password you created when you applied. IRUA will send an email with specific directions when you apply. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.